Beer enthusiasts wanted!
The Royal Queensland Beer Awards (RQBA) invites all interested individuals to express their interest in volunteering as a Steward next year.
Benefits of being a Steward at the Royal Queensland Beer Awards:
- The opportunity to be at the heart of the competition and develop knowledge of the judging process
- The opportunity to move into an Associate Judge position after volunteering for at least 2x RQBA’s
- Increased knowledge of beer, the industry, and the people within it
- Engagement and networking with industry professionals
- An RQBA t-shirt for you to keep
- Lunch and refreshments provided each day
- Sampling of beers throughout the week
Stewards are asked to commit to at least one full day of judging. We prefer Stewards for both days but understand that this may not be possible.
Steward duties include:
- Take direction from the operations team
- Bring out beers for judging, ensuring that the correct beer is poured and in the right order
- Organise glassware for competition judging including glass washing and replenishing
- Open, pour and serve packaged beers for judging
- Tap and pour draught beers for judging
- Liaise with the Panel Chair regarding timing and delivery of flights of beer
- Work with your team mates to deliver a successful and enjoyable competition
Click here to submit your expression of interest
If you have any questions, please contact:
07 3253 3900